Cookies are small text files (composed only of letters and numbers) that a web server places on your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or an app. When used, the cookie can help make our website more user-friendly, for example by remembering your language preferences and settings. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We store cookies when you visit or access our Website – these are called "first party cookies". In addition, cookies are stored by other third parties (for example our analytics service providers, business partners and advertisers) who run content through our services – these are called "third party cookies".
Both types of cookies may be stored either for the duration of your interaction with our services or for repeat visits.
There are four main types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to login, navigate around and use the features of our websites. We do not need to obtain your consent in order to use these cookies. These cookies can be used for security reasons - for example to detect violation of our policies, identify and prevent fraud, fulfill your requests and to support other security features.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your language) and provide enhanced and personalized features. The information these cookies collect remains anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity.
- Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about your online activity, including behavioral data and content engagement metrics. These cookies are used for analytics, research and to perform statistics (based on aggregated information).
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver tailored offers and advertisements to you, based on your derived interests. They can also be used to cap the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by our advertisers (for example advertising networks) and provide them insights about the people who see and interact with their ads, visit their websites or use their app.
Please note that we do not recognize or respond to automated browser signals regarding Tracking Technologies, including "Do Not Track" requests. However, there are various ways in which you can manage and control your cookie settings. Please remember that, by deleting or blocking cookies, some of the features of the website may not work properly or as effectively.
Most web browsers will provide you with some general information about cookies, enable you to see what cookies are stored on your device, allow you to delete them all or on an individual basis, and enable you to block or allow cookies for all websites or individually selected websites. You can also normally turn off third party cookies separately. Please note that the settings offered by a browser or device often only apply to that particular browser or device.
Information about cookies is usually found in the "Help" section of the web browser. Below are some links to some commonly used web browsers:
Chrome for mobile
Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
You can turn off certain third party targeting/advertising cookies by visiting the following link: Network Advertising Initiative
We use various products and features provided by Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google").
- Google Analytics
- Our services use the analytic tools of Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Please note the fact that Google Analytics is supplemented by the code "gat._anonymize();" on this website to guarantee the anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
- You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
- Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by "anonymizeIp" to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
- Google Dynamic Remarketing
- We use Google Dynamic Remarketing to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. Dynamic remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of our websites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that "This user visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page." Google Dynamic Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- Google AdWords
- We use Google AdWords to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google search.
- DoubleClick by Google
We use retargeting tags and Custom Audience provided by Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA, "Facebook").
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- In the context of interest-based online advertising, we use the product Facebook Custom Audiences. For this purpose, a non-reversible and non-personal checksum (hash value) is generated from your usage data. That hash value can be transmitted to Facebook for analysis and marketing purposes. The collected Information contain your activities on our site (e.g. browsing behavior, visited subpages, etc.). Your IP address is transmitted as well and used for geographical controlling of advertising. The data collected is only transmitted encrypted to Facebook and is anonymous to us that means the personal data of individual users are not visible to us.
- Facebook Exchange FBX
- When you visit our websites with the help of remarketing tags, a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server is established. Facebook gets the information that you have visited our website with your IP address. This allows Facebook to assign your visit to our website to your user account. The information thus obtained we can use for the display of Facebook Ads. We point out that we as provider of the website have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and the use of it by Facebook.
- Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
- This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider's website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes,
- By using the website, you agree to the data processing associated with the integration of Facebook pixel.
- Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission: https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings.